Sunday, February 28, 2010

Diaper Shower Menu

Today I hosted my first shower, a Diaper Shower for my best friend.  Today was a day full of friends, laughter, and learning opportunities-- all of which I will blog in the very near future.  But for now, I needed to write down the menu before I forgot.  One thing that I noticed is this:  by the end of the day, I had nearly NO leftovers!  Luckily, I did not run out of anything, but all the platters were left with only a few servings left.  In all the other times I've had friends over, I am left with more uneaten food than I know what to do with. 

But today, the amounts were perfect--so, I felt it appropriate to share. For 15 people, I had...

Buffalo Chicken Dip with 1 bag of Tostitos Scoops

Bagel Dip with 1 sleeve's worth of bagel pieces

Veggie Tray with Dip (tomatoes, celery, carrots, and cauliflower)

Fruit Tray with Dip (I cheated on this one... just bought the pre-assembled tray at the grocery store :))

Potato Chips with Dip

Pretzels

Taco Salad Dip (brought by a guest) with Tostitos Scoops.

For Drinks, I had to keep in mind that 5 of the women coming to the shower were pregnant, so I wanted to offer an array of caffeine-free beverages.  I ended up choosing 2-liters of
Caffeine-Free Diet Coke, Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Sprite, 7-Up, and Mountain Dew. 

Also, I offered two different punches-- one with Lime Sherbet and 7-Up, the other with White Zinfindel and Peach Schnapps, called Zinful Peach(Hey, just because some of the guests were unable to imbibe doesn't mean we all have to abstain ;-)).

For Dessert, we had a 1/4 sheet cake from a local grocery store known for yummy cakes with whipped cream icing (as requested by the Guest of Honor). 

No comments:

Post a Comment