Saturday, February 13, 2010

Diaper Shower Poem (Version #2)

Tis the season for my friends to have babies!

My sister-in-law, Joy, is having her second child as well... and since I'm suddenly addicted to hosting events, I offered to throw her a Diaper Shower as well.

Don't know what a Diaper Shower is?  Look on this blog for my "Diaper Shower Poem" entry for a full explanation. :)

So.... I'm working on her invitations, and needed to include another poem to give guests an idea of what to expect.  Since I already had my first poem, I revised it to fit the needs of this particular event. 

And it goes a little something like this:

It’s a Diaper Shower!

If Mommy and Daddy

and Baby make three

Only a fourth could

bring so much glee!

To save Joy the trip of

searching the store,

Let’s shower her

with essentials galore!

Diapers and “wipies,”

lotions, and creams,

All will be used

to set the scene.

Since Trevin has put many

diapers to the test,

Pampers is the brand

that Mom likes best!

Swaddlers, BabyDry, or Cruisers

Sizes 1, 2, or 3…

All can be used

by this growing family.


Little Trevin is planning

to share all his things,

(His high chair, his crib,

and even his swings)


But even he understands

that cute baby sisters

Cannot wear clothes

designed for little misters!

Let’s help him out and

bring Baby (Last Name) #2

Some little-girl clothes—

they will be so cute!


Come celebrate

this new Baby Girl,

And shower Joy

with all the love in the world!


*If you prefer to bring something besides these items, you can find ideas on Joy’s registry at Target. Go to www.target.com to view her registry

No comments:

Post a Comment